Thursday, August 20, 2009

Our Summer












We had a very fun summer that started right off with swimming lessons for Emma. Of course, nobody else can be Judy, but I think she did ok. She probably needed two sessions, and she won't let me tell her anything, so who knows when she will actually be swimming like she should! We mostly just hung around and played with friends, but we did actually have a "staycation" at the Arizona Grande. It was really fun, but I think the kids liked dinner at Chick-fil-A just as much as the weekend! They were having some sort of customer appreciation and had a pony outside, face painting, games, bubbles, cotton candy, popcorn, a balloon maker and more! I think we stayed for an hour and a half! It was so much fun for them. The weekend was filled with the water park and food. What could be better! Well, pictures of the fun would have been nice, but I never took one. Oh well, maybe next time.
4th of July was fun also. We went to Cherie's for dinner and swimming and then came back to our house for Schnepf Farm's fireworks. J-Toys supplied the light-up toys and we were ready to go! We also had the three youngest Hilderbrand's over for a weekend of fun! Don't listen when Jen says her baby is a brat, because he was an angel at my house! And notice where Brooklyn and Kennedy ended up sleeping. Can this be comfortable? My kids loved having them and Brooklyn and I even had some time to teach her to crochet. It made me look forward to Paige getting a little older and being able to do some of those things with her.
We filled in the spaces with swimming almost every day. Mostly we just swam at my sister's community pool (because it is nicer than our's), but we also headed over to our new favorite public pool...Mesquite Groves. It was so much fun and only .50 for kids to get in. We went every week. But, alas, all good things must come to an end. And, boy was I ready! But we made a lot of good memories over the summer and I think our kids had a blast!



1 comment:

jen said...

Kelly, great pictures, Emma is beautiful with Aurora hair! And thanks for keeping the kids, it was great to know they were in good hands! Love you!